Monday, July 27, 2009

Menu Monday and Road Trips



Two days this week I have "road trips", which are doctor/dental appointments for Noah. These are a drive for us...I try to make simple and quick things on those days. Tuesday he has his routine dental checkup but due to his heart condition he has to see a dentist that is about a half hour drive from us. Thursday he has his cardiology visit. This is an hour and a half drive one way. I am anxious for this appointment so I can hear what his doctor has to say about his heart cath he had back on the 14th. And what he thinks it means in relation to Noah's plastic bronchitis. Next week then we drive an hour to see Noah's pulmonologist, who I am also anxious to see and hear what he has to say about the cath and the plastic bronchitis. I hope to hear some new answers but I am not getting my hopes up. For those who don't know plastic bronchitis is a very rare condition that seems to occur in kids like Noah who have had a certain open heart surgery called the Fontan. It is thick and rubber like mucous that fills his bronchial tubes. He coughs these things up every so often and it is a very rough time for him when he does. They really don't have a true cure for this condition the best they can do for now is just treat it to try and make it more livable. I have been doing my research though and have a few questions on things that have been tried on other kids like Noah with some success. And now...

This weeks menu

Monday: leftover pizza
Tuesday: (road trip day) spaghetti
Wednesday: sausage, lipton noodles, broccoli
Thursday (road trip) homemade chicken fingers, buttered noodles, peas
Friday: hotdogs and homemade fries
Saturday: grilled chicken and grilled potatoes, applesauce

For more menus this week head over to Organizing Junkie!



0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates