Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Blogs can Change Lives


Mom Blogs

5 Minutes for Mom is teaming up with Playstation and giving 10 sick children PSP Bundles. They are asking for nominations of children that bloggers know. After long and hard consideration I have decided to nominate Max. Max is a 4 yr old boy who was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome like my youngest son. Max could not complete all of the surgeries required of a child with this condition and received a heart transplant. Just in October he was diagnosed with PTLD Max’s PTLD is Non-Hodgkin’s-Lymphoma it is polymorphic lymphoblastic aggressive and causing necrosis. Talk about a mouthful. Max has been receiving Chemo since this diagnosis and his family have sought out another facility to treat Max, one that has a doctor with more expertise in this form of cancer along with being a heart transplant patient. He also shows signs of mild heart rejection. This little boy is in and out of the hospital all the time. He and his family are doing the best they can to cope with all that they are enduring right now. I could write a whole book on this little boy and family but I am sure you get the idea of how ill he is. He is currently in the hospital right now and I am sure being the recipient of a PSP bundle would help pass his hospital time and make things just a wee bit easier on him and his family. They truly are close to my heart as I deal with my own HLHS child.
Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates