Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Interesting Tip

Frugal Upstate shares a tip on fabric softener sheets and an alternative to using them. I really like this idea and may have to try it myself.

She writes: Speaking of the dryer-you don't have to buy dryer sheets. I bought a huge bottle of the cheapest fabric softener I could find about 2 years ago (less than $2 for the bottle) I bought some sponges from the dollar store (4 per pkg) and cut two of them up into 8 pieces each. I soak the pieces of sponge in a mixture of about 1 part softener to 8 parts water. When I throw my laundry in the dryer I squeeze out a sponge until it is just damp and throw it in with the laundry. When I fold the laundry I take the dry sponge and throw it back in the mixture. I've read that some folks like to put their mix in a spray bottle and either spray it on a washcloth and throw it in, or else just spray it onto the laundry.

Check out her blog for other great tips!

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates