Thursday, September 18, 2008

Great Gas Deal and Laundry Soap

Our local grocery store offers a thing called Gas Rewards. You earn 10 cents off for every $100 you spend in the store. Lately they have been running specials where if you buy a certain quantity of certain items you earn extra points on top of that. Well the last 2 weeks have been deals on MANY items I use and buy. I rounded up my coupons for these items and hit the store. This week they also offered and additional 20 cents off if you had their coupon and spent $85. Well with my large family that is easy for me to do. All in all in the last 2 weeks I earned a little over 2000 points and got $2 off a gallon of gas. I ended up paying $1.59/gallon. It cost me $38 to fill my minivan gas tank. Can you remember when the last time you paid that for gas?!?!?
Hopefully I can get to the store again this week and stock up on a few more of the items and earn some more points for the next tank.

And here is a picture of my laundry soap stockpile....



And a picture of it before I put it all on my freezer to sort through.





1 comments:

Frugal Finds said...

Holy crap that is a lot of soap!!

Template by:
Free Blog Templates