Saturday, September 20, 2008

Chilly Morning/Saturday Shopping

Wow, I woke up this morning to a chilly 48 degrees here. I am not ready for this kind of weather yet. All week the mornings have been in the mid-upper 50's and that was cool enough for me but this 48 I do not like. Made me start thinking of winter....I live in an older home that has some drafts and is a bit chilly in the winter. We have been fixing what we can with the budget we have but it takes time to do it all. The wheels are now turning to think of what I will do this winter to keep the heating cost down. (we have oil heat) What do you do in the winter to save on heating costs? Share your tips and ideas with me!!!!
Just got back from shopping....
I hit the grocery store that just opened this week. They had large eggs 3/99 so I grabbed 6 dozen. We tend to use pretty many eggs in this house so it was a great deal. Another good deal I hit was those GE compact flourescent light bulbs. They had a 2 pack on sale for 3.99 and I had a 1.00 off coupon. The Banquet sausage links (breakfast kind) were on sale for .85/box so I grabbed a bunch of those. 2 liter bottles of Mt Dew were 85 cents too. There is some kind of 85th anniversary so that is why a lot of things are .85. They also have scanners that you can scan and bag as you shop. I really want to try this next time. This is a first for in our area.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates