Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools - Pranks?

I remember 5 years ago when I was pregnant with Madisyn I called hubby up on April Fools and told him my water broke and he was to meet me at the hospital. (i was due May 6th) I was actually at a restaurant having breakfast and his dad was at the same restaurant too and we teamed up on the prank together. The fact that his dad was there and went along with it made it more real sounding. That was the last prank I did. I am not a big one for April Fools pranks but here is one I would be willing to try on the kids....


You won't have to say "cheese" to make your kids smile once they sample this lunch look-alike.
INGREDIENTS:
Pound cake (we used Entenmann's brand)
1 cup buttercream or white frosting (canned is just fine)
Yellow and red food coloring


Cut the pound cake into bread-like slices and toast them in a toaster oven just until they turn golden brown. Once they've cooled for a few minutes, stack two slices for each sandwich and cut the stack in half diagonally (slicing the sandwich before you fill it makes for fewer crumbs).

Now tint the frosting by stirring in a few drops of yellow and red food coloring (more yellow than red) to get a shade of orange that resembles American cheese.

Carefully spread frosting between the slices of each half sandwich. If you mound the frosting on one slice, then top it with the other and gently press down, the frosting will ooze out a bit and look all the more like melted cheese. Makes one sandwich.

You can see this recipe and more like it at Family Fun here

What about you any pranks on your agenda today???

My CVS deals last night....
I had planned to go out and get the pampers that were on sale and combine them with coupons and cvs $5.00 off 15 coupons but I had trouble finding my son's size to do this. Here is a run down of what I did get though.

Transaction 1
softsoap (got the wrong one and not the one that gave me ECB's oh well) (had a 1.50 off coupon)
all laundry detergent (had a 1.00 off coupon)
2 olay body ribbons body wash (had a 1.00 off 2 coupon)
2 bath buddies (had a 1.00 off 2 coupon)
olay was buy 1 get one free
also used a $5.00 off $15 coupon
total spent $6.33 (saved $20.47)

Transaction 2
Speed stick and lady speed stick (had a 1.00 off coupon for each)
2 olay ribbons body wash (had a 1.00 off 2 coupon)
2 tubs Kandoo wipes (had a buy one get one free coupon and a 1.00 off 2 coupon)
again olay was buy 1 get one free and i used another $5.00 off 15 coupon
total spent $7.51 (saved $20.06)
earned $3.00 ECB's

Transaction 3
Pampers mega pack (these weren't the ones on sale they were out of our size but I had a ton of expiring pampers coupons)
used a pampers 1.50 coupon, another $5 off 15 coupon and my $3.00 ECB's
total spent $7.99 (saved $9.50)
got a cvs coupon for a free cvs baby powder

Next CVS and Transaction 4
2 bags of M&M's easter speckled eggs (easter was 75% off)
2 boxes of egg color for next year
misc easter candy for maddie
pack of pampers jumbo (sale ones they only had 1 bag in our size) (used a 1.00 off coupon)
and 2 axe deodorants on clearance for the boys
cvs baby powder (used my free coupon)
bag of oreo minis (had to keep the kids quiet)
also used a $5 off 15 coupon
total spent $12.63 (saved 25.83)

Next CVS and Transaction 5
papmers jumbo (used a 1.00 off coupon)
pampers mega (used a 1.00 off coupon)
used a $5 off 15 coupon
spent $19.48 (saved $9.50)

Transaction 6
2 packs of pampers jumbo (used 2 $1.00 off coupons)
used a $5 off 15 coupon
spent $10.98 (saved 12.00)
this was the deal I wanted to do all along and was only able to find enough diapers at this store to do it once. But I did still use a bunch of my pampers coupons up and did save some money.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates